2/7/11

Taylor's Take On RHOBH And Moving Forward

Taylor Armstrong Talks Good, Bad and Ugly of Reality TV
Tom Vickers/Splash News Online

Stepping into the spotlight as one of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills has been a blessing and a curse for Taylor Armstrong.

"It's not easy having your life on television for people to judge you and feel like they can evaluate your life because you put it out there," she said in Dallas on Saturday at the Style Icon gifting lounge, which catered to celebrities in town for the Super Bowl. "It's been a little harder than I thought. Sometimes people aren't very kind."

On the other hand, Armstrong, whose troubled marriage to Russell was a storyline on Real Housewives, says that her relationship is stronger now that they have weathered a rough patch in such a public way.

"Reality TV has a way of fast-tracking everything in your life," she said. "[Russell and I] had to observe that we'd lost touch with one another. It was good for us in the respect that it forced us to pay attention. It wasn't easy going through it, but now, in the end, it's been helpful. We were able to say, 'We really have lost touch with each other. We need to do something.' "

Armstrong admits having regrets when it comes to the drama between her and costar Kim Richards. "I feel pretty good about everything – except my conflict with Kim," Armstrong said. "I wasn't really aware that she was going through as many personal challenges as she was, because I wasn't really privy to that. So I feel bad about our conflicts. I wish I'd known then what I know now. But it's life. So I wish her the best and I'm absolutely here if she needs anything."

As for costar Camille Grammer – perhaps the
most controversial Housewife on Beverly Hills – Armstrong is also sympathetic.

"To go through such a public divorce with small children ... I feel really bad for her that she went through all of that while filming a reality show," she says. "Because that's enough stress as it is."

Given all that happened on the show's first season, Armstrong is still unsure of whether or not she'll appear in a second.

"Every other day I think, 'I just want to go back to being a snack mom at school,' " she said. "Back then my biggest concern in my week was whether I had to be room mom. So we'll see."

No comments:

Post a Comment