2/16/11

Check out This Article About My Fav. Skin Care

My Friend Teri who has graciously let me sample her skin care, which I love, has made the top facial cleanser!! Congrats Teri!!

Five Best facial cleansers 2011

One’s only desert island luxury item should be a facial cleanser. There is the need to stay clean, of course, and the best cleansers are so full of nourishing anti-agers and breakout controllers that in a pinch you could get by on nothing else. Our Five Best cleanser picks are not the cheapest, but for the aforementioned reasons they are among the best investments in your skin that you can make.
La Vie Celeste Exfoliating Mother of Pearl Cleanser ($30 in the TIA shop).  This is hands down my favorite cleanser – and, according to commenter Joe, it is great for shaving as well. I think that is down to the unique (well unusual) use of clays in this cleanser. It doesn’t foam, but has a creamy consistency (thankfully, not in the overly-unctuous way that most are). It cleans well and leaves the face smooth as the clays have a gentle exfoliating action. The key ingredient is Mother of pearl a source of the protein conchiolin, which acts like the protein keratin (which is found in skin, bones and hair), and has the ability to hydrate skin cells and facilitate repair of damaged skin cells. In addition, there are antioxidants in the form tea, apple, gingko biloba and ginseng extracts. More on the LVC cleanser.

1 comment:

  1. I have been using the LVC line for over a year now. As a man, I like it fast, simple, without fragrance--and of course effective. This meets all of that. Recently I had the idea to use the cleanser as a shaving lotion. It works better than any other shave lotion/cream I've ever tried. No tugging, no irritation, no leaving it on for minutes; and since I have a beard, it gives me clear distinct line because it doesn't foam. I imagine it'd work on legs too, but I don't do that anymore...the 90s are over lol:)

    ReplyDelete