12/23/10

Taylor's Interview With WetPaint About The Holidays


Wetpaint Exclusive! Christmas Q&A with Taylor Armstrong and O.C.'s Lynne Curtin.These two are all smiles and laughter. We're proud of them for leaving the drama at home!

Hollywood’s finest celebrity stylists, journalists, and it girls joined together for a fabulous night of gourmet mini munchies and holiday shopping at the chic LA + JO in the newly renovated Santa Monica Place, hosted by the ever-so-gorgeous philanthropist Taylor Armstrong of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and Lynne Curtin of The Real Housewives of Orange County.

As Taylor exclaims “I love you guys”, she readily gave up the scoop on her passion to change the lives of women, her obsession with shiny things, and how Kennedy is still a pretty happy and down-to-earth kid.

Wetpaint: You have to tell us the secret on how you get your hair so perfect.

Taylor Armstrong: I use the big barrel curling irons, and instead of rolling horizontally, I do it vertically and then pull out long.
WP: What are you wearing?

TA: It’s thin suede and is amaaazing. It’s like Buttah!
WP: Why are charities such as Holiday Help Line so important to you at this time of year?

TA: I am a child of domestic violence. Because of my personal experience it’s so personal. Unlike cancer and many disease processes, this is something that is completely avoidable, it’s violence. It’s unnecessary, hurting and scars people for life. It’s an unnecessary evil in this world. The more attention that we draw to it, the more assistance that we give to people living with it, then maybe we can lessen it.

WP: Can you give a little inspiration to women in domestic violence situations?

TA: There are organizations all over the USA like the 1736 Family Crisis Center that offer such unbelievable resources, support, psychological counseling. In our shelters they put families together and keep families together. You have peers around you that are going through the same thing. Having that support system is what you need. They help you get back on your feet, job placement, job training, legal services. It’s all available.

WP: What are you offering your time and support for the holidays?


TA: We are doing a holiday store for the 1736 Crisis Center and I have been so fortunate through the show and people that have come to our rescue. Major designers like Seven for All Mankind, Dearfoam, Smashbox Cosmetics have been unbelievably generous. We have 1200 shoppers this year and these are women and children of domestic violence and they will get to give gifts to one another from major designers this year. I would get excited to get Seven for Christmas. I couldn’t be happier.

WP: How is Miss Kennedy?

TA: Oh my gosh she is a handful. Let me tell ya!
WP: So for Christmas, do you go all as well?

TA: She’s just a regular kid, I hate to tell ya that. She wants rollerskates and she needs a bigger bike because she’s outgrown hers. She gets the same stuff that other kids get. She wants simple things, she’s 4.

WP: What kind of gift giver are you?


TA: I’m a last minute shopper. I am terrible with it. And I like to shop online. It’s totally dangerous (because it’s 24 hours), but it’s totally my favorite thing.

WP: What’s the most extravagant gift you’ve ever given or received?

TA: My husband’s birthday is just four days before Christmas so I have to do the double duty. Last year I threw him a surprise cowboy Christmas birthday party because my husband is a Texan. We did the big hay bells, and saddles, and longhorns, and gambling, and hats, and horns. That was a big deal for us last year. The Christmas birthdays, oh that is so unfair. They get their birthday presents wrapped in Christmas paper; it’s just not fair.

WP: I love your nails, they are so shiny.

TA: Thank you, it’s gellish!

No comments:

Post a Comment